Ancient Ayurveda Secret to get Long and Healthy Hair in 1 Month with Curry Leaves:DIY
How is everyone doing? Today I will shall be sharing a post on ancient ayurveda secret to get long and healthy hair in 1 month with curry leaves:DIY. I love using Curry leaves on my hair because they are so good for your hair. There are tons of ways how you can use curry leaves for hair care and today I will be sharing my hair care regime which includes curry leaves. This post was requested by a very sweet friend and a fellow blogger Soumya Midhun, she has an awesome blog named Soumya Midhun, do check out her blog. So Soumya this post is specially for you and I hope you like reading it.
In Ayurveda medicine, curry leaves are believed to have several medicinal properties, such as anti-diabetic, antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic. The leaves, with their vast herbal and medicinal properties are used widely all across India and other parts of Asia.
The medicinal value of curry leaves have been known to people since centuries. Mainly used as an ingredient in food dishes, they have found themselves an important part of many hair care oils and other hair care products too. Having long and beautiful tresses is every girl’s dream. Long and healthy hair is a result of great care, proper diet, healthy lifestyle and a bit of research.
Commercial Hair Care products not only burn a hole in our pocket but also have adverse effects on your scalp and hair due to the presence of so many chemicals in them. I feel that commercial hair care products which are loaded with chemicals do us more harm than good. I have started using herbal and homemade hair packs and hair oils for my hair care and I am so satisfied to see the results. My hair feels much more healthier, much more thick and all my hair care issues like hair fall and oily scalp have been resolved to a great extent.
I would urge all of you to invest your money and time in a hair care regime that is 100% natural as well as light on the pocket. Here are some points that will surely convince all of you to include natural ingredients for your hair care. Today I will be covering the topic on how to include curry leaves in your hair care regime so please go through the entire post and decide for yourself which path you want to follow, one that is 100%natural or the other which is loaded with chemicals. So let’s get started.
Benefits of Using Curry Leaves In our Hair Care Regime:
- Hair Follicles often get clogged due to product build up on the scalp, due to dandruff or due to pollution in the environment which causes hair damage and eventually leads to hair fall. Curry Leaves with the help of its essential nutrients help your follicles to breathe. Curry leaves aid in scalp’s restoration process. Regular use of curry leaves will help to keep the scalp healthy and will stimulate hair growth by rejuvenating the hair follicles.
- Another huge benefit of using curry leaves in your hair care regime is that it prevents premature greying of the hair. Premature greying of the hair is caused by various reasons such as stress, pollution, unhealthy lifestyle, genetical problems, smoking, drinking, serious ailments etc. The Vitamin B content of the curry leaves helps to restore colour in our hair by nourishing and strengthening the hair roots. Regular usage of curry leaves has also shown to reverse grey hair to black hair. Curry leaves also helps in the growth of new hair with healthier and stronger pigment.
- Curry leaves are a rich source of Beta-Carotene and proteins. Beta-Carotene prevents hair loss and proteins stops and prevents hair thinning. Curry leaves are also rich in antioxidants and amino acids. Amino acids help in reducing hair fall and strengthens the hair follicles whereas antioxidants moisturize the scalp. Antioxidants also help in removing dead skin on the scalp and also prevents dandruff.
- Vitamin B6 present in curry leaves acts as a hormone regulator for preventing hair loss. As curry leaves are high in nutritional value they also strengthen your hair shaft and the hair roots. Curry leaves is loaded with essential nutrients that are required for hair growth. Curry leaves contain iron, calcium, Vitamin C and phosphorus. They are also rich in proteins, carbohydrates and fibers. They are capable of reducing hair fall and stimulate hair growth.
How to use Curry Leaves?
There are numerous ways through which we can use curry leaves to improve our hair. If we are really serious about our hair care regime we have to include curry leaves in our diet too. Here I will mention the best effective ways of including curry leaves in our everyday life.
Curry Leaves in Diet:
Curry leaves have been used in Indian recipes since centuries. No South Indian recipe is complete without curry leaves tempering. I love the aroma of the leaves. There are various benefits of eating curry leaves which include improved function of the intestine and it also aids in better digestion. Adding curry leaves to your diet will internally help to stimulate the scalp and hair health. Using curry leaves will also lead to healthy hair growth. I like to temper all my dals with curry leaves. Adding curry leaves to rice and salads is also a good way to incorporate them in our diet. Add 2-3 curry leaves in all your vegetables while cooking and it will not only enhance the taste but also benefit our body. I have also heard that a lot of Bollywood Actresses eat 2-3 raw curry leaves in the morning to keep their hair healthy and to prevent the greying of the hair too. You can also temper your buttermilk with some curry leaves and believe me it tastes yumm. You can also powder curry leaves and add them to your salads.
Make Curry Leaves Tea:
Curry Leaves tea is really very beneficial and good for your hair. Boil a few curry leaves in 1 cup of water for 2 minutes. Add 2-3 drops of lemon juice to it and add sugar. I prefer honey over sugar but you can choose as per your liking. Stir it and your curry leaves tea is ready. Drink this tea everyday too see the amazing results. You will start noticing the difference in your hair within 2 weeks only. This tea will improve hair growth, will make your hair shinier and smoother and will prevent premature greying of the hair.
As a Hair Mask:
Hair mask made with curry leaves can be extremely beneficial for your hair and for your scalp. I apply hair masks made with curry leaves once a week and it makes my hair so soft and bouncy. Curry leaves hair mask are filled with essential moisture retaining properties that will help to keep your hair soft and healthy. Hair masks made from curry leaves also aid in restoring the hair strength and also protects the hair shaft from various other damages.
- 15-20 Curry Leaves.
- 3 tbsp of yoghurt.
- 2 Tsp of Lemon juice.
- 1 Tsp Honey.
- Wash the curry leaves and make a fine paste in a blender.
- Next add in the yoghurt, lemon juice and honey to it, mix well.
- Apply this hair mask onto the scalp and gently massage it for 2 minutes.
- Make a bun and let the hair mask dry. Leave it for atleast 45 minutes.
- Once it dries up wash off with a mild shampoo.
As a Hair Rinse:
I love the curry leaves hair rinse for my hair. It is very easy to prepare and it makes my hair look so lustrous and healthy.
◦ 20 Curry Leaves.
◦ 20 Neem or Margosa Leaves.
◦ 3 Cups of distilled water.
◦ Boil the curry leaves and neem leaves in 3 cups of water for 5-7 minutes on medium flame.
◦ Let the leaves sit in the warm water for 30 minutes and then strain off the liquid.
◦ Your Diy curry leaves hair rinse is ready for use.
◦ Wet your hair with normal water and pour the hair rinse onto your scalp and massage for a few minutes.
◦ Leave it on your hair for 5 minutes and then rinse off with plain water.
As a Hair Tonic:
Curry leaves can be regularly used as a natural hair tonic for the hair. It is so easy to prepare and the benefits are countless.
◦ Handful of Curry Leaves.
◦ 5 Tbsp of Coconut oil.
◦ Mix in a handful of curry leaves with coconut oil, boil them together until you see a black deposit forming. After the deposit is formed remove the oil from flame and let it cool. Apply this hair tonic to your scalp. Keep it for 1 hour and wash off with a mild shampoo. Apply this tonic twice a week and you will see the results in just 15 days. This the best option that will not only stimulate hair growth but also prevent greying of the hair.
As a Hair Oil:
◦ 1 cup of Organic Coconut Oil.
◦ Handful of Curry Leaves.
◦ 2 inch piece of Ratanjot or Alkanet.
◦ 1 Tbsp of Fenugreek or Methi seeds.
◦ Take a pot and pour in the coconut oil, when it becomes hot add in the curry leaves.
◦ Let the curry leaves simmer in the oil for 2 minutes and then add the methi seeds and the alkanet.
◦ Turn the flame to the lowest setting and let the oil simmer for 20 minutes.
◦ After 20 minutes remove from flame, let the ingredients infuse in the oil for the entire night. Strain the oil in a glass bottle in the morning.
◦ Whenever you want to apply the oil, warm 2-3 tbsp in a microwave safe bowl and apply on the scalp and on the roots, massage for 5 minutes and leave it on the hair for 2 hours.
◦ Wash off with any mild shampoo.
◦ Apply this oil twice a week for maximum results.
For Dandruff Cure:
Soak 10 Curry leaves in a cup of hot milk overnight. In the morning make a smooth paste out of it. Squeeze some lemon juice in it and apply on your scalp. Massage it for 2 minutes and leave it for 30 minutes. Wash off with plain water. Use this mask twice a week to get rid of dandruff completely.
Many people are still unaware of the benefits provided by curry leaves. Curry leaves can be utilized in so many different ways for healthy hair and scalp. Now you do not need to spend your money on those expensive hair care products, all you need to do is pluck some curry leaves from your kitchen garden and get started with different Diy’s with this miracle plant. If you want luxurious and healthy looking hair, try using curry leaves to add spice to your beauty regime. Add curry leaves to your hair care routine and you will be sorted. Try and incorporate all the above mentioned steps in your hair care regime for a month and see the magical results. I bet you will never go back to any commercial products once you get hooked to natural ingredients and diy’s. Do share your experiences in the comment section down below. If there is your special Diy related to Curry Leaves please share them. Share this post with your family and friends too.